Monday, September 19, 2016

Nat's November 2015 trip to CV

I was able to go for my Mom's last Chemo treatment in November. She got sicker and sicker with every treatment so my plan was to go help. Well, all of my siblings were able to be there too. I don't think my mom loved having us there-she felt so awful and I could tell she just wanted to be alone. She had mentioned to me before how much her yard was bugging her and she couldn't get outside to clean it up so I had my brothers get a dump truck and we all went outside to get to work. We started with one spot and once we got that spot cleaned up the rest of the yard looked terrible so it kinda spiraled out of control. We filled the ENTIRE dump truck and there was still more to do. It looked amazing when we were done. I have to say that it is one of the best times I've ever had with my siblings. We laughed and teased and worked super hard together. Even thinking about it now it still brings me to tears. We knew it was the only thing we could do to help mom and dad. 


I was sad that my girls weren't there to feel those good feelings of love and 
service and family but I was glad that Mia was there. She helped a ton. 



When we were done working we got a very special surprise! Kenzie had been cutting hair all day in Cedar and brought us some Swig cookies. These weren't just any Swig cookies though! We couldn't believe that Chance had worked with us all day and hadn't said a word. He was so good a keeping that secret. We had even asked him when he thought they would have a baby and he kept a poker face and lied. He is NOT GOOD at lying so we all couldn't believe it!








SO EXCITED FOR BABY DALTON TO ARRIVE!!

No comments: