I couldn't get Saige to stop crying today when I dropped them off at school. And last night she broke my heart when I asked her why she was scared and her response was, "YOU JUST LEFT US THERE"!
Well, today when I 'just left them there' Saige wasn't the only one crying. After doing so well yesterday, I can't stop crying today.
Any advice on what I can do to help her? She is SO sad and I feel like the most horrible mother in all the world.

5 comments:
Time makes everything better. Have you read "The Kissing Hand" book? It's very cute and seems to help my kids when I have to leave them. A friend of mine made her little girl a small photo album (like a little flip book with abt 10 pics) and had her put it in her desk or backpack. That way when she was feeling sad or lonely she could quickly pull it out, see a pic of her family, mom, dad, etc. It seemed to help. Love you guys!
Oh my gosh that is so sad. What did they think about school? Did they like it then or not? How was Madi? They are tough, I bet they were learn to love it and eventually want to go all the time.
this is so sad! monday was so new and exciting and then tuesday they realized what it was all about!
I would love to coupon with you on mondays, let me know the time and the place and Im there
I learned from someone that you asked your children questions at the end of the day like...."What was the best thing that happened to you today"? Then you discuss that with them. Then you asked if anything unusual, weird, or bad happened and then they can get it off their chest and you can help them have their feeling validated. Then you work together to see how you can make the next day better - get rid of the obstacles that are bothering Saige. You are NOT a horrible mother. It happens to all of us. Time does make things better so hang in there.
I am just catching up on your blog. and I got tears in my eyes. I always have a very emotional week when school starts, and I am still emotional. I hate that we send our kids to be with a teacher more than with their parents. A break is really nice but this every day pawn your kids off business is nonsense. That is if you like your kids, I guess. Hope it settles down, breaks are hard too when they have to go back...... sending hugs!
Post a Comment